National Police Memorial
Surface Type: Granite: Product Used: STAIN-PROOF Original™ | Completed: 2007
Applicator: Gloss Landscaping Services
The Memorial pays tribute to Australian Police Officers who have been killed on duty or have died as a result of their duties since the advent of policing in Australia, and recognizes the unique nature of police service and the dangers that police face in their daily pursuits. The $2.4million memorial is jointly funded by the Australian Government (through the Australian Federal Police), State and Territory Police Services and Police Federation of Australia. A competition was held for the design, and the winning concept was a 3 dimensional granite area of more than 300m2/3260ft2. The granite surfaces have key emotive words blasted into the surface. A main commemorative wall is completely clad in bronze, with bronze plaques carrying the names of police officers.
The client had a number of special requirements for the sealing of this important structure:
- A long performance warranty period, certified in a hardcopy document.
- The sealer had to be able to protect the granite from staining by food and beverage spills, bird droppings and graffiti.
- Cleaning had to be easy, and able to be achieved without the use of special cleaning products which would create an additional long-term cost burden.
- The sealer had to be proven on high traffic commercial surfaces.
THE DRY-TREAT SOLUTION:
Many competitive sealers were considered too, but STAIN-PROOF Original™ was chosen for:
- Its 15 year warranty when applied by a Dry-Treat™ Accredited Applicator.
- Its proven stain and graffiti resistance in major urban projects, which include the recently revamped Melbourne Cricket Ground and a major Perth City shopping mall.
- Ease of maintenance - STAIN-PROOF Original™ allows the surface to be cleaned using standard commercial techniques, such as high pressure hosing and scrubbing.
Tagged : Stain-Proof Original, Australasia, Public, Granite